The AAPS was formed by a group of visionary pediatric surgeons who felt that in order to succeed in improving the surgical care for children, Pediatric Surgery must be a dedication and a separate specialty. The Association would give all surgeons with a similar interest a chance to share their new techniques, developments and sometimes also frustrations. The AAPS has achieved a huge success, and Pediatric Surgery is now a separate specialty in most countries. This has had easily visible results – drastically reduced mortality and morbidity, and a chance of a normal and full life for a child, even if born with significant congenital malformations.
The association shall be called the Asian Association of Pediatric Surgeons hereinafter called “The Association”.
1. Improve pediatric surgical services in the countries of the Asian continent, hereinafter called “Asia”.
2. To assist in the establishment of pediatric surgery in Asia
3. Carry out all such activities as would contribute to the promotion of pediatric surgery
4. To promote research and training in pediatric surgery
5. Establish a forum for exchange and interchange of views and for enhancing fellowship among members